- The Information We Collect While you use this website, we may collect your personal information or you may provide it to us. For the purposes hereof, “personal information” includes information which you knowingly choose to disclose to us and website user information collected as you browse our website.
- Purpose of Collection We use your personal information for purposes of our business activities including, but not limited to: to identify you; to analyse patterns and improve the content of our services and of this website; to conduct internal research on our users’ interests; to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; for statistical purposes; to comply with our legal obligations and to prevent fraud and other illegal activity. We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it is collected and for no other purpose.
- Retention of Personal Information We are permitted to retain your personal information for as long as is necessary in order to achieve the purpose for which we collect same. Notwithstanding the aforesaid, we will immediately cease processing, and delete, your personal information should you request us to do so.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
At no time do we sell, trade, rent, share or disclose your personal information to third parties, except as may be required for the purpose for which we collect same or as may be required of us by law. If we are legally compelled to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you thereof in advance, unless prohibited from doing so.
- Your Rights You have the right to access and review your personal information held by us and to request that we update, correct or delete your personal information, at any time. Please contact our privacy officer on firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information. We undertake to respond to your request within a reasonable time.
- Protection of Personal Information You have the right to expect us to protect your personal information. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices in order to ensure that your personal information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected security breaches and will notify you (and any applicable regulator) of a suspected security breach as soon as reasonably possible where legally required to do so. Please note that whilst we take reasonable precautions to protect your privacy and personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted over the internet because no method of transmission or electronic storage can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure.
When you click on links, they may direct you away from our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read and familiarise yourself with their privacy statements.
10. How to Contact Us
Should you wish to contact us with a question or complaint regarding our processing, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our privacy officer by sending an email to email@example.com.
11. How to Complain
We hope to be able to resolve any query or concern which you may have regarding our use of your information. However, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the information regulator should you wish to do so. The information regulator’s contact details can be accessed from https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/.
13. Governing Law